TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
At Goldsmith Hersh, training is an integral part of the professional development process that continues on well beyond the successful completion of the CPA.
Intermediate, senior auditors and managers are updated on a timely basis on the latest software features in Caseware and Caseview, the software program used to generate working papers and financial statements. The most recent amendments have been the introduction of new Professional Engagement Guide (PEG) forms to comply with Canadian Auditing and Accounting standards for Private Enterprises.
In-house classroom seminars given by senior members as well as outside university professors are also offered throughout the year. Among the topics that have been previously covered include the following:
- ASPE – Accounting standards for private enterprises
- Personal Income Tax Updates and changes in the DTMAX program.
- Auditing under the Canadian auditing standards.
- New Techniques in review engagements.
- Auditing techniques for specific topics such as inventory and capital assets.
- Accounting standards for private enterprises.
- GST, HST and QST.
- Research and development returns.
In order to comply with the education requirements of the CPA orders, all CPA’s must take a minimum of 3 full day courses in a given year that are given by the Order of Chartered Professional Accountants of Quebec. Topics range in the areas of taxation, auditing and financial accounting. Individuals that have taken the courses are encouraged to hold internal seminars to share their course knowledge.